Dental implants aren’t cheap. Let me rephrase that. Quality dental implants placed in a controlled sterile environment using the latest techniques and technology aren’t cheap. Like anything of value, it’s an investment. It’s an investment of time and money and the payoff is improved quality of life. There are only a handful of procedures that we as dentists can do that can instantly change a patient’s life, and dental implants are one of them. We fully understand the emotional and financial commitment that patients need to make for a procedure like this and although we cannot guarantee it, we do everything we can to ensure the success of the implants we place.
Here are just some of the things that we do to maximize success:
- We turn down patients. Not every patient is a candidate for implants and we’re not afraid to tell you. In some cases, lifestyle changes like quitting smoking may help, but in other cases we may refer you to a specialist for more complex treatment options
- We use a CBCT or 3D cone beam image of the area to determine bone density and mark nerves. Knowing precise locations and measurements down to micrometers allows us to get maximum depth without compromising the nerve. At Dee for Dentist, we DON’T go in blind and hope for the best.
- Combining a CEREC digital impression with the CBCT allows us to plan the optimal angle placement of the implant with respect to the final restoration
- We use custom surgical guides and a guided implant kit that allows us to place the implant to the exact angle and depth that was planned for digitally
- We use an intuitive app-controlled surgical motor that is preloaded with step-by-step instructions on placement that ensures optimal drill speed and torque with an auto shut off feature if limits are exceeded
- We use top-tier implant brands like Straumann, Nobel Biocare, and Biomet 3i, whose implants come with warranties, giving patients piece of mind regarding quality
- We take our time. Implants are a serious procedure and should be treated as such. Though most procedures can be completed quickly, we will never compromise our techniques to fit into an unrealistic schedule for the sake of convenience
Once the implant is placed, proper post operative care is crucial for success. After the implant appointment, patients are usually tired and just want to go home so we provide all of our implant patients a care package that includes everything they need to get through the first couple days stress free. The package includes things like an ice pack, soup, and detailed post operative care instructions.
At Dee for Dentist, we value the trust you place in us for your dental care. In turn, we will do everything we can to keep that trust and make your visits with us as comfortable and care free as possible.